CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Feel Like giving up on the dream!

To all of you that know me and are my friends you know I love comics and you know I love to draw. But I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I am 43 years old! Not a young whipper snapper anymore. Since I can remember I have wanted to make a living at being a artist in some form or fashion. I even put myself through college at the age of 33 to help me achieve that goal. I graduated with an Associates as a graphic designer /artist But to no avail I was told after I graduated that I was either to old for a job and that they wanted someone younger for the position. Or i did not have the experience they were looking for. So I have continued over the years to try and build myself into a self-made freelance comic artist. I get the odd jobs here and there but not enough to make a living on. My dream has always been to be a comic artist and I have submitted time after time and have been turned down so many times I have lost count. I always wanted to work for DC as I am the biggest Batman fan in the world! I cant begin to say how many form letters I have recieved saying thank you for your interest but ... I would work for any comic company that whould allow me to obtain my dream! So what do I do my friends should I give up on this seemingly unattainable dream to work as a comic artist Doing something I would love to do.. I work as a maintenance turnover tech for the Housing Authority . It's a job and it pays my bills and I am thankful I do have a job! But I am so unhappy in my work and I dread each day getting up and going in. But In saying that the last year or so has been even worse as I have been trying so hard to make my dream come true to be a comic artist . I am miserable what should I do just forget my dreams and be happy with what I have or keep going for it. Im so confused right now Please friends some wise advise ! I feel that this will eventually drive me insane ! I cant just quit my job I have a wife and son who depend on me. Help!

The Hero Maker

0 comments: